Nowadays, there are several types of cosmetic surgery treatments available. Some of these include:
Face lift: Here, the surgeons ensure that the patients get the desired face curves at the right place. Most of these surgeries focus to reduce the face age of the patients.
Breast augmentation: Most of the females ensure that they undergo breast augmentation to improve their female features. Cosmetic surgery has been very popular among women in the recent times.
Tummy Tuck: Most of the individuals, whether men or women are always conscious of their mid section part of the body. This makes them look for treatments like tummy tuck and abdominoplasty. Here, excess fat or extra skin is removed.
Liposuction: Another popular cosmetic surgery treatment is liposuction. Liposuction ensures that unwanted fatty deposits are removed from under the skin. Therefore, all the cosmetic surgery treatments focus on improving the bodies of the patients.
Like every other surgery, cosmetic surgery also has side effects associated with it irrespective of the type of the cosmetic surgery. It is important to inform the patients regarding the side effects prior to the commencement of the cosmetic surgery procedure. Here some of the commonly seen side effects of cosmetic surgeries.
- Infection: Most of the patients suffer from infections especially when the surgery has involved the internal organs. This makes the patient vulnerable after the completion of the cosmetic surgery procedure.
- Asymmetry: This can be seen when patients undergo surgeries for improving their posture.
- Tissue necrosis: The tissue texture is compromised most of the times. This leads to deterioration in the earlier structure of the tissue.
- Formation of bad scar: Scars are common side effects which can aesthetically affect the patient in the long term after surgery.
- Allergic reactions: This can occur due to the use of the anaesthetic medications used. Therefore, it is advised to inform the concerned doctor regarding the present allergies of the patients.
- Rejection of implants: The body reacts to the cosmetic surgeries in different ways. Therefore, this can lead to the rejection of the implants in the body.
- Decolourisation of skin: Skin color is affected in the area of the surgery. This can take a good time to recover.
Thus, cosmetic surgeries have pros and cons which need to be measured and understood well to get the best results.